ITS IMPORTANT TO MEET THE COMPETENCES !!!
Prepare a 10–12-slide PowerPoint presentation for department managers on building leadership and trust in collaborative teams.
Perhaps the best predictor of team success is its clarity of purpose and the team’s commitment to achieving it. To support that purpose, a team needs a process that moves smoothly from vision and mission to goals and tasks in order to achieve the desired outcomes. The foundation of both purpose and process is leadership.
Any form of collaboration is an inherently human process. The culture of an organization can dramatically affect team efficacy and performance. The glue that holds teams together is trust. Three factors can help build trust in collaborative environments: performance and competence, integrity, and concern for the well-being of others.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Explain strategies for effective interprofessional teamwork and collaboration in health care delivery.
- (IMPORTANT) -Identify leadership behaviors that build trust and undermine trust within teams.
- (IMPORTANT) -Describe strategies team members can use to build trust among each other.
- (IMPORTANT) -Describe principles of effective interprofessional team leadership.
- Competency 2: Analyze the implications of working with interprofessional teams in multifaceted health care settings.
- (IMPORTANT) -Explain the consequences of a team that does not trust its leader in terms of patient safety.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations of a nursing professional.
- (IMPORTANT) -Write content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics. Use correct APA format.
You have been asked by organizational leadership to develop a PowerPoint presentation for department managers on building leadership and trust in collaborative teams. Your presentation should be 10–12 slides in length and include a references slide at the end. Use the notes section of each slide to expand your talking points and reference your resources. Be sure your references are formatted according to APA guidelines.
This assessment examines two critical components for interprofessional team success: leadership and trust. Develop a PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Identify at least three leadership behaviors that build trust within a team.
- Identify at least three leadership behaviors that undermine trust within a team.
- Explain the consequences of a team that does not trust its leader in terms of patient safety.
- Describe strategies team members can use to build trust among one another in terms of skill, knowledge, and responsibility.
- Describe principles of effective interprofessional team leadership. In other words, what skills and qualities should a good team leader possess? Is there a difference between being a good leader and being an effective leader?
- Include a title slide and references slide.
- Create 10–12 slides in addition to the title and references slides.
- Use at least three current scholarly or professional resources.
- Use APA format for references.
- Be creative. Consider your target audience