Throughout this course, you have explored different research methodologies and corresponding designs to learn more about the research process and identify possible research problems. This final assignment is not designed for you to produce a milestone document, such as a dissertation or capstone proposal to be approved. Rather, it should be used as an opportunity to explore method section for a possible dissertation research problem or capstone project aligning well with the chosen research method.
Begin by choosing either qualitative, quantitative, or a mixed methods approach with a corresponding design for further refinement. Using all of the information you have learned from the course, develop an abbreviated research proposal using your selected research method and design choice.
Your research proposal should contain the following sections.
- Introduction to the problem.
- Statement of the problem.
- Purpose of the research.
- Research question(s) to address the purpose of the research.
- Related hypotheses, null and alternative (quantitative method choice only).
- Research method and corresponding design with rationale for method and design choice.
- Description of the sample participants and data collection and analysis strategies.
- Ethical considerations for the proper treatment of the sample participants.
Support your assignment with at least seven scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 12-15 pages, not including title and reference pages