APA format. Please label each section (example: part one, part 2a, part 2b)
Part One: 100-200 words
click here to view a video that reviews and considers the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, and trends (SWOTT) analysis of a fast-food franchise. Once completed, provide a quick synopsis (100-200 words) with 2-3 points that stand out to you in particular.
Part Two: 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Part 2A: In part one you reviewed a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, and trends (SWOTT) analysis of a fast-food franchise that was done in 2013. There have been many more recent changes with the fast-food giant toward improved business results. Read this article on these changes, and conduct a brief SWOTT analysis based on these new changes that includes the following:
- Strengths: The internal and external characteristics of a company that are stronger than its competitors
- Weaknesses: The internal and external characteristics of a company that are weaker than its competitors
- Opportunities: The issues internal and external to a company that can affect the company and its competitors in a favorable way
- Threats: The issues internal and external to a company that can affect the company and its competitors in an unfavorable way
- Trends: The internal and external patterns in the organization, market, or industry
Part 2B: Provide an argument against the ability of a fast-food franchise to succeed with these strategies.
Part Three: 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments.
Part 3a: Having experienced a robust debate discussion on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, and trends (SWOTT) analysis and strategic planning for a particular fast-food franchise, it is time to shift gears a bit and consider the competition in the fast-food industry. Read this article to frame this week’s discussion. Complete the following:
- Identify 1 or 2 other major competitors in the fast-food industry and describe their sources of competitive advantage.
- Discuss a current issue that this industry faces. It could be favorable or unfavorable to the industry.
- Which of the major competitors has the strongest competitive advantage and ability to overcome the barriers presented by the current issues identified and why?
Part 3b: provide an argument ‘FOR’ the success of the fast-food franchise’s competitors.
Part Four: 1,000–1,250 words (include outline)
Select a real company in the fast food industry.
You have just been hired by (your selected company) as its new vice president of strategic planning. The corporation’s performance in recent years as well as the changes with business and economic conditions will be a central focus of your new job.
Given the size of the corporation and the fact that it is in a highly competitive industry, the chief executive officer (CEO) to whom you report has already given you permission to hire a staff of recent Master of Business Administration (MBA) graduates to assist you in your efforts. You recently completed the interviewing and hired four people with minimal real business experience.
In coming months, you and your team will be creating a completely new—and, presumably, more effective—strategic plan. You plan to begin by holding a kick-off meeting with your team.
To feel confident that all of the employees in your strategic planning team understand all that you have taught them, you require each to prepare a streamlined version of the key elements of a strategic plan. You require each employee to prepare the following sections of a strategic plan for the corporation’s next 3-5 years:
- Mission and Vision Statements (Simply copying from an existing real company is unacceptable.)
- Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-Bound (SMART) Goals and Objectives
- Industry Analysis
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, and Trends (SWOTT) Analysis
- A Perceptual Map
- Choose any criteria that you think are important to plot.
- Explain why you picked the criteria.
Your task is to create a plan, following the same parameters, which will be the sample standard that your employees’ submissions should match.