operations improvement plan
For your final assessment, you will demonstrate the skills you have developed to master the competencies of this course:
- Develop innovative and sustainable solutions to strategic and global operations management challenges.
- Apply theories, models, and practices of global operations management to address business problems.
- Integrate operations management analyses into general business management planning and decision making.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
In this last step, you will develop your final OIP that takes into consideration all of the research and groundwork you have completed thus far. The final OIP is more than a compilation of the individual project components. It incorporates feedback on individual project components as well as the tools, techniques, and methodologies covered throughout the course. The overall goal of the OIP is to provide the rationale and data to support the improvement of a particular process. The final project, which you submit to the instructor as an attachment to this assignment, should include the following elements:
- An overview of Toyota, including a brief history and description of its current situation.
- A description of a key challenge or problem facing Toyota and the impact of its resolution.
- Before and after visuals and flowcharts of the process.
- A cost-benefit summary based on actual information, if possible, or expected information.
- An explanation of your data or findings that validates your recommendations.
- A summary of your recommendations.
- A conclusion.
- A list of all references used.
You will present your OIP to Toyota’s management for their consideration. When submitting your OIP to the management, include an executive summary of the data you have collected and processed.
Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th Edition) style and formatting.
Length of paper: 5–10 typed, double-spaced pages.
Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.