In this Final Project, you will apply the theories and models of learning covered throughout the term to a hypothetical case study scenario. Projects must be written in essay format using 12-point font and double-spacing. APA format and at least three scholarly sources are required. This Project should be between 5–7 pages in length.
Maura is a 28-year-old female who is visiting a therapist because she is concerned about a repeating pattern of behavior that she has been engaging in during the past 10 years. Maura seems to get involved romantically with partners who have very stable careers but appear to be unable to make a romantic commitment to her. Maura will often date these partners for years. When she asks for a greater commitment, much drama and hurt feelings ensue. She reports that she does not remember much of what happens right after the relationship ends, and shortly after a
After reading the case, address the following issues:
- Select two of the learning models you have studied thus far and compare/contrast them as you analyze the case of Maura. How does each explain the learning and behavior occurring? Which model do you find explains the behavior most fully and why?
- Which model(s) explains why Maura does not remember the negative events until much time has passed?
- Focusing on the model you feel best explains the behavior, design a basic modification program to help the client engage in
- Describe the ethical considerations that should occur when designing your modification plan.
- Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.