Resource: Ancient World Worksheet to be completed
Write an essay of 1,050 to 1,400 words using your matrix that you complete to compare the varying Greek and Roman concepts of citizenship and government.
Answer the following questions to construct your paper:
- What responsibilities did citizens have in Greek and Roman cultures? Could any ancient culture be defined as democratic? Why or why not?
- How well did the Roman Government model work?
- How did the Roman Empire differ from the Athenian Amphictyony and the Assyrian Empire?
- How did the structure of the Roman Empire under later emperors differ from the structure of the Empire under Augustus? Choose one of the later emperors, from Vespasian or later, to compare.
- What were some structure problems in the government of the Roman Empire? Why were these problems?
Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.