Healthcare INPATIENT AND OUTPATIENT SERVICES – APA Citation Guidelines
At some point in your professional career, you may work within or alongside inpatient and outpatient settings. Working in these settings can be similar to working in two completely different “health care worlds.” What exactly are the differences between outpatient and inpatient medicine? Fundamentally, inpatient means checking into the hospital or care facility, while outpatient defines health care that can be administered without staying at the hospital. However, what has been prescribed above is the most basic terms of outpatient and inpatient services.
Please watch this short clip:
Outpatient Treatment vs. Inpatient Treatment: An Honest Comparison
Develop a more complete appreciation of the inpatient setting.
References should be no more than 5 years old. Web sites are only acceptable when accessing a government site. Web sites should only be from reliable sources.
Based on your findings, write a graduate level comparative analysis of inpatient and outpatient services that clearly addresses the following:
- 1. Identify and describe an inpatient setting (e.g., acute inpatient units, inpatient rehabilitation, skilled nursing, etc.) and an outpatient setting to include the services provided, key personnel within the department, and how this department supports or is supported by other departments.
- 2. Identify, describe, and evaluate a current trend that is currently impacting inpatient and outpatient services. These can be trends related to technology, supply and demand, political climate, regulatory, demographic changes, or patient care.
- 3. Analyze the trends, and thinking as a health care administrator, how do you capitalize on these trends to improve operation and bottom line performance? How can you mitigate the negative impact of the trends?
Length: 3-4 pages, not including the title or reference page(s).
For additional information on how to write a comparative analysis review the following source:
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your comparative analysis.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages.
- Include an introduction and conclusion in your paper.
- Support your case with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 or 4 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
- For additional information on reliability of sources review the following source: https://www.edb.utexas.edu/petrosino/Legacy_Cycle/mf_jm/Challenge%201/website%20reliable.pdf.
4 pages only with 3-4 references required!