Develop a PowerPoint presentation answering the “Thinking Critically” questions listed at the end of the reading from McDonaldization: The Reader that you chose in Module 1.
Your presentation should include the following elements:
- Title slide (including title of your article, your name, and the course number)
- Summary of the content of the article (1 slide)
- PLEASE NOTE: The summary should NOT be a condensed version of Ritzer’s introduction to the text. Using his text will be considered plagiarism, and result in afor the assignment and be reported to the Academic Standards Committee.
- At least one slide and no more than 3 slides for each discussion question at the end of the reading.
- PLEASE NOTE: It is recommended that you use your textbook and other valid outside sources, properly cited in ASA, APA, or MLA format, to support your answers. The McDonaldization LibGuide contains an extensive list of books, websites, journal articles, and other articles from newspapers and magazines that you can use. Please do NOT include videos.
- References slide: list all the outside sources you used in your presentation, including the reference for your article, in proper ASA, APA, or MLA format.
Think critically questions:
1.Is the world growing more Disneyized than McDonaldized?
2.What are the similiarities/differences between Disneyization and McDonaldization?
3.Does the theory of Disneyization accord too much importance to an amusement park? To Disney?
4.In what ways does the string of Disney Worlds around the world form an iron cage? A carceral archipelago? Islands of the living dead?
5.In what ways are both Disneyization and McDonaldization expressions of American culture?
**Textbook: McDonaldization: The Reader by George Ritzer