a 3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Briefly explain Corrigan’s model of the stages of stigma and his recommendations and hierarchy about recovery.
- Explain whether Delle’s experience follows that model. Use specific examples to argue your perspective. If you agree, identify which stage of recovery Delle is in.
- Analyze Delle’s reports about his own experiences with both types of stigma. Provide specific examples, and in your analysis consider the following questions:
- Does one type of stigma predominate in his talk?
- Which of Delle’s personal values or beliefs were challenged by his internalizations about his own illness and help-seeking?
- What strengths does he exhibit?
- What was the primary benefit of his diagnosis?
- Briefly explain what assessments or interventions might help an individual who has not recovered from self-stigma.
- Using three articles from the required resources, explain how Delle’s experience of his illness, stigma, or access to care would change if he were of another race, gender, or culture.