Course Project: Long-Term Care Facilities II
Working on the same two facilities that you identified in W3 Assignment 2 (assisted living and home health care) prepare a 8- to 10-page report in a Microsoft Word document including the following:
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the administration in each department of your chosen facilities.
- Identify and list the sources of financing available to consumers for the various programs provided by your chosen facilities. Identify the key public and private sources of reimbursement available. Also discuss the role played by managed care and its impact on long-term care reimbursement.
- Describe the various government and private resources available that assist in developing and maintaining quality improvement programs in your chosen facilities. Describe the ways in which quality and cost are controlled in your chosen facilities. Also discuss the ethical aspect of access to care in the facilities, including rationing.
Based on your observations and learning from the two facilities, discuss the changes brought in the long-term care system to make it reach full status as a competition-driven system. You may include the following points in your discussion:
- Discuss the changes made in the control mechanisms (external and internal) in order to control the management, financing, and quality in the long-term care systems.
- Discuss the changes taking place in long-term care reimbursement system in order to provide better reimbursement options both to consumers and providers.
- Discuss the changes made in the efforts of providers to accommodate changing magnitude of the day-to-day needs of long-term care consumers.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
Name your document SU_HSC3010_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
Submit your document to the W5 Assignment 2 Final Assignment Dropbox by Tuesday, June 6, 2017.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Described the roles and responsibilities of the administration in each department of the chosen facilities.||30|
|Listed financial resources available to consumers in each facility.||30|
|Identified the role of managed care in each facility.||20|
|Described government and private resources available for developing and maintaining quality improvement programs in each facility.||20|
|Discussed how quality and cost are monitored in each facility.||20|
|Discussed ethical aspects of access to care in each facility.||20|
|Described internal and external control mechanisms.||20|
|Described changes taking place in long-term care reimbursement system.||20|
|Discussed the changes to accommodate changing needs of long-term care consumers.||20|