- CO1 Utilize prior knowledge of theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines to explain expected client behaviors, while differentiating between normal findings, variations, and abnormalities. (PO 1)
- CO3 Utilize effective communication when performing a health assessment. (PO 3)
- CO4 Identify teaching/learning needs from the health history of an individual. (PO 2)
After watching the video, and reflecting on the information presented, address each of the following questions.
- What are the common symptoms associated with an exacerbation of COPD?
- What assessment techniques will you use to assess Mary?
- Identify smoking strategies that would be appropriate for each of the encounters that Mary had with the nurse throughout the video that could have been used to assist Mary in quitting smoking.
- Find a resource in your community that could assist Mary. Start by searching the Internet for your local health department’s website. What services are available to Mary? Briefly describe the services that the state quit line provides. Does it meet the 4 As? Is it accessible, acceptable, affordable, or available for Mary?
- What will you do to follow-up on Mary’s smoking cessation process?