Topic: Including simulation in undergraduate nursing program curriculum.
I have already completed the introduction for the research topic and have attached it at the bottom.
There is not a proposed page limit for the paper.
Part 1 – Evidence review and synthesis
- List the names of the databases you searched (Less than 5 years)
- Search Tracker turned in that includes PICOT question and shows path for searches.
- Summarize “keeper” studies in the evaluation table, Columns of the Evaluation Table contain appropriate information from which decisions can be made.
- Authors’ names, date of publication (included in the citation).
- Quality and level of evidence
- How significant (or not) the evidence is and why you think so. How are these articles relevant to change practice or policy for your specific practice site and population? If a study is not significant and you have included it, mention how your clinical expertise was involved in this decision.
- Your summary the synthesis section should clearly indicate the intervention you plan to use in your project proposal.
- Purpose of the project
- Include intervention & Theoretical framework
- Clinical questions; How the clinical question indicates the type of study that will be done (quasi-experimental vs. experimental). Describe the type of study and clearly describe it.
- Study design: Briefly describe the study design indicated by the question (experimental, quasi-experimental, descriptive).
- Setting/sample: Briefly describe the setting for the study, who your study participants will be, and how these participants will be chosen. Will random sampling or a sample of convenience be used?
- Confidentiality: How will you protect the confidentiality of your participants?
- Procedures/intervention: Discuss the intervention you will implement and the procedures you will use in enough detail that others could replicate the study.
- Instruments/scales and measurement of outcomes: Describe the instruments you will use to measure changes and whether they are quantitative, qualitative, or of a mixed design. If they have been tested previously, include reliability and validity data.
- Data collection: Explain plans for data collection including:
- Methods of collection, i.e., interviews, paper and pencil testing, etc.
- Testing frequency. Will you gather baseline data prior to the intervention? Will you employ repeated measures such as pre- and posttests?
- State your clinical question.
- Briefly state the intervention you will implement. While these two items are not typically included in Part 5, doing so will help orient faculty so appropriate feedback can be provided.
- What outcomes will be analyzed and how they will be analyzed?
- Describe the statistical analysis you will do relating this to the data collection tools you plan to use.
- Indicate the types of demographic data you plan to report on your participants as well.
- Briefly discuss the outcomes expected should this project be implemented.
- Identify your stakeholders by job title and how their participation was key to the project.
- Briefly discuss potential barriers to project implementation that stakeholders may present. Include strategies to prevent or address these barriers.
- Evaluation Table
- Synthesis Table
|Criteria for EBP Project Proposal Paper||Maximum Points|
|Evidence review and synthesis||60|
|Purpose of the project||25|
|Appendices: Evaluation and Synthesis tables||20|
|Paper demonstrates graduate level writing skills and scholarship||30|
|EBP Oral/Poster Presentation|
|Presentation content and quality is consistent with graduate work||30|