Please review instructions for assignment below, I have also attached the directions in a word documennt just in case something is missing. If any questions please let me know asap, Thanks.
Boundaries and Multiple Relationships
Samantha Smith is a case manager at the county human services department in her community. She works primarily with intellectually disabled clients, assisting them to receive the services they need. Samantha is good at her job and her clients often become quite comfortable with her. Ian is a client of Samantha’s. With an IQ of 55, he remains quite self-sufficient, living in his own small apartment and working at a part-time job. Ian is often transported to his appointments by his sister, Kate. Samantha is introduced to Kate in the waiting room when she comes to get Ian for a recent appointment.
During the visit, Ian reports to Samantha that he has been a bit forgetful lately. He shares that this past week, he returned home and realized he forgot to turn off his stove when he left for an appointment. Later that afternoon, Kate calls Samantha and asks how her brother is doing. She is worried about him and asks if Samantha can give her information about him to alleviate her concern.
Use the Internet and the library to investigate the legal challenges of working with individuals with intellectual disabilities. In a 4-5-page paper, respond to the following questions: Please be very detailed and make sure you address each question to its fullness!!
- Identify the main legal issues associated with working with intellectually disabled clients.
- Discuss the legal issues raised by Ian’s situation.
- What steps should Samantha take next? What are the implications of these legal issues regarding the choices she must make?
- Does Informed Consent play a role in this scenario? If so, how?
- What are the ethical implications of this case study? Identify and discuss the NOHS Standards that might apply.
- Finally, discuss strategies to minimize the likelihood of these legal and ethical issues arising in your practice.
Please be sure to introduce the details of this case study in this paper. You should include specifics of this case in illustrating your understanding and research of the required topics which are presented in a logical, well-ordered manner.
Your Unit 7 Assignment should:
- Be presented in the form of a well-written university level document
- Use an essay format, 12-point font and double spacing.
- Include a title page and reference page
- Be 4-5 pages in length, not including the title and reference pages.
- Include at least two scholarly references in support of your observations and conclusions using proper APA citation and reference formatting.
Your Assignment should follow the conventions of APA style.
Read Chapter 7: “Boundaries, Roles and Limits”
eBook login information: Click on the link below to gain access to reading material
https://bookshelf.vitalsource.com/#/books Becoming an Ethical Helping Professional
- Username: VendelynMatthews@student.kaplan.edu